Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Perioperative Womens Health & Ambulatory Care Services, Mackay Hospital and Health Service
Remuneration/Salary Rates (may include superannuation and annual leave loading) (Grade) (Additional Information)
Remuneration value up to $513,069 p.a. comprising salary between $8,654.00 p.f. - $9,175.30 p.f. (L25-L27) or remuneration value up to $473,396 p.a. comprising salary between $7,236.70 p.f. - $8,405.80 p.f. (L18-L24); employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, professional development allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., professional indemnity cover, plus overtime and on-call allowances. Applications will remain current for the duration of the vacancy. Job Ad Reference: MK413114
Are you looking for a new challenge!! Fantastic Lifestyle! Work Life Balance! STOP looking join Mackay Hospital and Health Service today!!!
The Women’s Health Unit comprises of maternity and specialist obstetrics and gynaecology services. We average 1400 babies born each year at Mackay Base Hospital.
We provide holistic women centred midwifery and gynaecological care, utilising a partnership model of care to achieve positive outcomes. The partnership enhances, promotes and recognises the normal process of childbirth whilst being flexible and responsive to change and values the woman’s right to make informed decisions regarding her healthcare.
We are a Baby-Friendly Accredited Hospital and our service also aims to promote and maintain the health of women across the continuum.
The Director of Obstetrics and Gynaecology will lead the department and;
• Provide expert clinical services for the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Unit within the Clinical Services Capability Framework for the facility, and within the Clinical Privileges formally granted;
• Provide leadership and administer the department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology within established budget;
• Foster the promotion of standards of excellence in the provision of clinical and public health services;
• Promote and implement contemporary concepts of patient safety and quality;
• Provide expert consultancy/advisory services as required to both internal and external agencies that are relevant to the health industry;
• Educate medical staff and students, allied health, interested community groups and nursing staff; and
• Actively participate in medical audits, research and service planning activities.
Dr Pieter Nel, (07) 4885 7220
Job Ad Reference