UNIVERSITY OF OTAGO
FACULTY OF MEDICINE
University of Otago Postgraduate Scholarship in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
1. The Scholarship is open to medical graduates who will normally be Registrars undertaking the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (RANZCOG) Integrated Training Programme or are Members or Fellows of the College.
2. The Scholarship is primarily to assist the holder to carry out research in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Women’s Health whilst enrolled for a research degree, e.g., MMedSc or PhD.
3. It is desirable, but not compulsory, that the research be carried out at the University of Otago.
4. The value of the scholarship is $25,000 stipend per annum, plus tuition fees (up to a maximum of $9000) and is tenable for one year commencing February 2022.
5. Applicants are required to provide the following information:
• Name and address (work and private)
• Qualifications with dates
• Current position
• Previous professional experience
• Names of three referees
• Outline of the planned research, and name of the qualification in which they intend to enrol
• Proposed future training or research plans related to the pursuit of work in Obstetrics and Gynaecology or Women’s Health.
Preliminary information and advice may be obtained from the Head of any Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the Otago Faculty of Medicine:
Associate Professor Mike Stitely
Section of Obstetrics& Gynaecology
Dept. of Women’s & Children’s Health
Otago Medical School
PO Box 56
Dr Joanna Gullam
Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynaecology,
Christchurch Women’s Hospital,
Division of Health Scienced,
University of Otago,
Private Bag 4711
Associate Professor Sara Filoche
Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
University of Otago, Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences
PO Box 7343
WELLINGTON SOUTH 6242
Applications should be sent to Donna Robson, Section of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Department of Women’s & Children’s Health, Dunedin School of Medicine, PO Box 913, Dunedin, or email email@example.com
Applications close on Friday 22 October 2021.